• Setting up a comfortable workspace, with an adjustable desk and ergonomic chair can help increase productivity when working from home.
• Taking regular breaks to stretch, exercise, read, meditate, or enjoy nature can help clear the mind and improve focus.
• Staying active by doing home workouts or yoga allows for flexibility and stress reduction while working from home.
• Taking walks during lunchtime allows you to get fresh air and clear your mind of stress.
Working from home has become the new norm due to the pandemic. As a result, people worldwide are trying to juggle work and life while staying in their homes. More employers have adapted to the “new normal,” even if things have started to open up. However, staying motivated and healthy while working from home can be hard.
Distraction may occur when you’re working from home, and it can be difficult to focus on your tasks. This could be anything from wanting to check your phone, eating a snack, or taking a break. To help beat the distractions and be productive while working from home, try setting specific goals for yourself that you want to accomplish in a certain period. Here are things you can do to adjust.
Set Up Your Workspace
One of the most important things you can do when transitioning to working from home is to set up a workspace that is comfortable and conducive to productivity. A modern office furniture setup can give you the space to spread out your work and minimize distractions since this will be the designated area for productivity. Here’s a guide on how to choose the right workspace furniture for your home office:
Add an Adjustable Desk
An adjustable desk enables you to alternate between sitting and standing to avoid aches and pains caused by sitting too long. This allows you to take breaks between tasks, move around and change your posture.
Create a Comfortable Environment
Find a space with enough natural light, so you don’t strain your eyes from working in front of the computer for long hours. Place some decorations to make it more pleasant and relaxing. You can add plants or an essential oil diffuser to help your wellness.
Choose an Ergonomic Chair
Ergonomic chairs can help reduce back pain, promote proper posture, and are adjustable for various heights. These chairs are made to fit your body, help maintain good circulation, and have lumbar support. Maintaining a good posture gives you energy and increases focus and productivity.
One of the advantages of working from home is that you can take breaks whenever you need to. To take advantage of your breaks (even if for just an hour), you can do the following:
- Exercise: Stretching, taking walks outside, or doing some light workouts.
- Read a book: Reading helps with concentration and allows you to take time away from the computer.
- Meditate: Meditation can help promote focus and clarity of thought.
- Enjoy nature: Step outside and get some fresh air. Taking a walk for just 5 minutes can reenergize your mind.
- Eat healthily: Eating a well-balanced diet and staying hydrated helps keep your energy up throughout the day.
- Connect with others: Stay in touch with friends and family online or even talk to neighbors while taking a break outside.
You can also take a 10-minute break for every hour of work and use it to stretch, do some light exercise or walk around your house to stay active. Taking breaks helps clear your mind and lets you come back refreshed and more productive.
Working away from the office allows you to keep up with your physical activity. You can take advantage of doing the things you used to do before but never had the time for. Here are some of the activities you can do:
Do Home Workouts
These do not take much time and can be done without any equipment. You can find various home workout videos tailored to meet your needs online. You can use light weights such as soup cans or water bottles to increase the intensity.
Yoga is a great way to gain flexibility, reduce stress, and improve mental health. The great thing about this is you can do this in your workspace without taking up a lot of room. It is also easy to set up, so you shouldn’t take much time out of your day.
You can walk around your neighborhood or just around the block during lunch. This helps to keep your body active and relaxed for the rest of the day. It also gives you a chance to get some fresh air and clear your mind from all the stress of working from home.
Working from home can be a great experience if you take the necessary steps to stay productive, organized, and healthy. With these tips, you can make working from home easier on your wellness and achieve a better work-life balance.